BIOGRAPHY FOR MIKE GRENN
Name: Mike Grenn
Date of Birth: August 21, 1961
Age: 53 Years Old
Wife of 34 Years (as of 1/16/2015): Wanda Richardson Grenn
Children: 2 Daughters. Jessica Grenn and Jennifer Singley
3 Grandchildren “ Jacob, Julianna and Hunter
Date of Salvation: October 30, 1988
Place of Salvation: Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, Bogue Chitto Ms.
Licensed To Preach In 1991
Ordained To Preach In 1992
Churches Served As Pator:
- Galilee Baptist Church in Copiah County/Georgetown Ms. 1991-1992
- Eden Baptist Church in Yazoo County/Yazoo City Ms. 1992-1995
- Crooked Creek Baptist Church in Lawrence County/Silver Creek Ms. 1995-1997
- Cedar Grove Baptist Church in Marion County/Columbia Ms. 1997-1999
- North Columbia Baptist Church in Marion County/Columbia Ms. May of 1999 “ October 2012
- Hope Baptist Church In Gulfport Ms. Started October 2012 - December 2014
- New Hebron Baptist Church in Lawrence County/Newhebron Ms. Started December 2014
Served In Local Associations On Multiple Committees, Etc.
Severed Mississippi Baptist Convention:
- Served As A Convention Board Member For 6 years
- Served As President of Mississippi Baptist Pastor's Conference 2011-2012
Served Southern Baptist Convention:
- Served As A Credentials Committee Member At The 2005 Southern Baptist Convention
- Graduated Brookhaven High School In 1980
- Graduate of William Carey College in May 1997
- Attended New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary 1998-2000
Personal Statement: I was saved at Mount Moriah Baptist Church, Bogue Chitto Ms, on October 30th, 1988 at the age of 27. My wife, Wanda and I were both saved on that day. Life truly became different for us and our children from that day forward! In 1990 it became very clear that God was calling us into vocational ministry. I surrendered to the ministry with my wife's full support which is the same to this day. Next to the Lord Jesus, my wife is the dearest thing to me in life.I have a very clear calling from God to the preaching and pastoral ministry. I love the work that I do and have a great desire to be used of God. Preaching and pasturing the local church is truly my passion in life.
As Preacher: The method of preaching that I most commonly use is "expository preaching (exposing and applying the truth of a passage of scripture). I believe the BIBLE is "Absolute Truth! I believe the BIBLE is the "Inspired, Inerrant, and Infallible WORD OF GOD! I believe the BIBLE not only contains the WORD OF GOD, I believe it is the WORD OF GOD! I believe preaching should Exalt the Savior; Edify and Equip the church; and Evangelize the Lost!
As Pastor: I understand the role of a pastor to be a "Servant Leader. A pastor should set the example as a servant! He leads best as he serves just as Jesus came as a "Servant Leader.
I also understand the role of a pastor to be a "Shepherd. A shepherd watches over the sheep; he feeds the sheep; he leads the sheep; he spends time with the sheep. I love God's people and love spending time with them. I find it necessary for a pastor to minister to people in their homes, in the hospitals, and in the funeral homes etc., if he's truly to be effective. By God's grace I want to preach and pastor "only" to honor and glorfy God!